Monday, January 19, 2009

Storm *bleep* er

So these guys are trying to supposedly protect you from yourselves:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2396&tag=nl.e550

Excuse me, but I'd rather you didn't divert my web traffic without my knowledge or installing things on my computers without my consent.

A better approach might be to somehow notify the users and/or the networks involved who have infected machines.

For instance if there's an infected computer at Internet, Look up the associated domain owner on whois.sc or the affected IP and contact the network from whence the nasty traffic is coming - or somehow otherwise alert the user that their computer is infected.

Additionally more PR could be done to let people know what is going on by contacting major newspapers and TV stations and provide information on how people can determine if their computers are infected.

Those would be a more reasonable steps to resolve this problem.