Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Postini Blocking People that Aren't Blocked

Having Postini problems again. Postini is blocking people from IP addresses that I have not blocked in my system. Gathering the information to prove this is a royal pain - not to mention that I don't know how many people I don't know personally who are trying to email me this way are getting blocked.

Does anyone out there besides me consider the fact that if people you don't know who are potential customers are emailing you and they get directed somewhere else and think it is you - that you may be losing business and never even know it?

Everyone has been pooh pooh-ing my email and security concerns for quite a while. I'd say a majority of them have turned out to be true. I'm trying to figure out a way to better validate email - where it is coming from and where it is going - and that emails are getting to the people I think they are - and only the people I want to read them.

I am still not convinced there is any such secure email solution in existence at this time.