Sunday, December 28, 2008

Microsoft IE8 beta 2 bug report

I don't understand why Microsoft makes it so difficult to submit a bug to them. It would be so nice if qualified users who are programmers and such or "expert" users could easily submit a bug report. Other companies do this and I imagine it helps them find key issues and solve problems more quickly. Since I don't see an easy way to do this with IE beta 8 I'll list some bugs I found here:

When I visited one web site with flash I could not scroll down to content at the bottom of the page.

When I copy and paste certain URLs from Firefox to IE (because, for instance the home page of a site with flash doesn't scroll correctly so I go to Firefox to get to the URL I want) and then I try to copy and past the URL back into IE - CRASH. Big time. Everything hangs. I haven't figure out if it is every URL or just that one.

The blogger home page doesn't display correctly, nor does https://update.microsoft.com.

I think I listed the problems with my webmail site earlier - messages disappearing and strange duplicate images appearing on the screen.